Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppCoral Harbour Base 28 Oct 2015 (RBDF): The Royal Bahamas Defence Force received reports concerning a 23-foot Contender pleasure craft that was stolen from the Nassau Harbour area early Monday morning. Acting on intelligence received, the Harbour Patrol Unit’s Delta Watch proceeded along with a team from Commando Squadron to investigate the matter aboard a Defence Force fast patrol craft. The search led Defence Force Marines to the Seabreeze Canal area where the abandoned vessel was sighted early Tuesday morning. The vessel was then towed to the Harbour Patrol Unit where the matter was turned over to Police for further investigation.The Royal Bahamas Defence Force continues to strive towards achieving greater success in fulfilling its mandate to “Guard our Heritage.” Defence Force Makes History With Public Service Award HMBS Durward Knowles Provides Hurricane Relief To Long Island Residents In Clarence Town Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Haitian Migrants Apprehended Related Items:atlantis, Royal Bahamas Defence Force, stolen vessel
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress (TMC) issued a whip today to its Lok Sabha members to be present in the House on July 20 when the opposition-sponsored no-confidence motion would be taken up for discussion. TMC chief national spokesperson Derek O’Brien told PTI that the whip was issued to all 34 party MPs in the Lok Sabha. “They (the MPs) will participate in the discussion and voting in the Lok Sabha and return to Kolkata,” he said. O’Brien added that the party would observe its annual “Martyr’s Day” rally in Kolkata on July 21. This year’s rally will be the 25th anniversary of the event. Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan announced that the House will take up discussion and voting on the no-confidence motion on July 20. The motion was brought against the Narendra Modi government by the TDP and opposition parties.
Kolkata: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday raided various locations and office premises of Shree Ganesh Jewellery House here in connection with a Rs 2,672 crore money laundering case, an official said. “Our officials have started search operations at 11 locations including Shree Ganesh’s office premises and residences of its senior officials in the city,” an ED official said. The agency has been investigating the case under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killed Based on a complaint of defrauding a consortium of banks led by the State Bank of India (SBI) for non-payment of loan to the tune of Rs 2,672 crore, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had earlier commenced an investigation against the company. Subsequently, the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) had, in June 2018, arrested Nilesh Parekh, the promoter of the company in the alleged diversion of primary gold of over 1,700 kg. According to DRI officials, the firm having several units in Manikanchan Special Economic Zone (MKSEZ), Kolkata, was allegedly involved in diversion of gold imported duty free on the strength of being a nominated agency and also in its capacity as an SEZ unit. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata Bose “Currently, Parekh is on an interim bail and there was restriction on his movement outside of the city. We are in process of finalising a charge sheet against him, which will be filed soon,” a DRI official told IANS. During investigations, the agency found the accused to “be actively involved in the fraud of diversion of primary gold of over 1,700 kg among other violations like non-realization of remittance on account of export of gems and Jewelleries to the tune of Rs 7,500 crore” to the several dummy and shell companies at Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai.
Register Now » 2 min read This week, Instagram rolled out Bolt, a new app that lets users record and send quick, unedited photo or video messages by tapping on a friend’s photo. The message then disappears when you swipe your screen. The app is currently only available to users in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa. Instagram told The Verge that since 65 percent of Instagram users are based internationally, “we are starting with a handful of countries to make sure we can scale the experience.”Bolt is only the most recent offering of Snapchat-esque apps, a crowded slate that includes Wickr, a “top-secret messenger” that recently raised $30 million; Slingshot, an app created by Facebook that has a unique “I-send-you-send” stipulation; and the Berlin-based one-click messaging app TapTalk. Related: Want Your Brand Associated With Positivity? Snap a Pic, Ditch the Tweet.TapTalk in particular seems to be a model that Bolt is aping, and in an interview with TechCrunch published yesterday, TapTalk CEO Onno Faber said “we know we have a great product, so clones don’t come as a surprise.”Also not particularly thrilled about Instagram’s entry into the market is a free phone-calling app called Bolt. On Monday, Bolt CEO Andrew Benton posted an open letter urging Instagram to reconsider using the name Bolt, saying it’s already causing confusion for their customers.”It wasn’t too long ago that you were the little guy,” Benton wrote. “I know you haven’t forgotten how hard it is to build something from nothing. And not just technology, but a brand and distinct identity for yourself. Imagine how it would have felt if Google or Apple or Facebook had launched a photo-sharing app called Instagram in 2011.”Related: This Bar Wants You to Apply for a Job Via Snapchat Free Webinar | Sept 5: Tips and Tools for Making Progress Toward Important Goals Attend this free webinar and learn how you can maximize efficiency while getting the most critical things done right. July 30, 2014