The Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) T20 cricket tournament is coming to the Central Broward Regional Park (CBRP) in Lauderhill, Florida with double headers on August 5th and 6th. To celebrate, the big cricket party about to happen there will be a“Happy Hour Fete and Ticket Sale” on Friday, July 28th from 6 PM to 8 PM at the Lauderhill Performing Arts Center (LPAC), 3800 NW 11 Place, Lauderhill, FL 33311.Stop by the LPAC on your way home from work, buy your presale Hero CPL T20 ticket at the Box Office and get a FREE Carib Beer for every ticket you buy! There will be a DJ, Carnival Girls and FREE flavorsome Caribbean food! Hero CPL wants to say thank you for your support of CPL T20 which will be taking place in the Cricket Capital of the USA.Before the Happy Hour Fete, there will be an “Official Press Conference” for the media to hear from the new owners of the Jamaica Tallawahs, Worldwide Sports Management Group, based in South Florida. In attendance will be Richard Kaplan, Mayor of the City of Lauderhill, Dale Holness, Broward County Commissioner, Lance Gibbs, former West Indian Test player. Representatives from the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Hero CPL will also attend.On Saturday, August 5th, the Guyana Amazon Warriors will face the St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots followed by the Barbados Tridents taking on the defending champions, Jamaica Tallawahs.On Sunday, August 6th, the Patriots will meet the Tridents, and the Tallawahs will celebrate Jamaican Independence Day battling the Tridents at the CBRP.Tickets start at just $35US and can be purchased on line at www.cplt20.com or at the Lauderhill Performing Arts Center (LPAC), 3800 NW 11 Place, Lauderhill, FL, 33311. You can call the box office at 954-777-2057 for more information.
The People’s National Party (PNP) Saturday urged the University of the West Indies (UWI) to allow final year students faced with outstanding arrears to sit their exams due to begin this week.“These students are not asking for a hand-out. All they are asking is for the university, and by extension, the Government of Jamaica to let them sit their exams, hold their grades and diplomas until full payment of outstanding fees are cleared. This would avoid any disappointment of wasting their study and money already invested,” former education minister Rev. Ronald Thwaites said in a statement.Students facing de-registrationThe students are facing de-registration because of non-payment of fees and Thwaites, the PNP shadow education minister, said it has long been the party’s policy and practice to facilitate students, especially those from working class and unemployed families, to have the opportunity of tertiary education.He noted that very recently, Education Minister Ruel Reid had made a similar commitment on behalf of the government. He quoted Reid as saying, “Only final year students at the University of the West Indies (UWI) Mona who have been deemed needy by the university and the Guild of Students or have applied for help through the Students’ Loan Bureau (SLB) or Jamaica Values and Attitudes (JAMVAT) program will receive special relief to clear outstanding arrears.”UWI’s “lenient” policyIn a statement earlier this week, the UWI said it had formulated and instituted the new “lenient” policy regarding examinations with outstanding tuition fees to give students ample time to get their affairs in order. It said that with this policy, non-finalizing students can sit their examinations on the condition that they have no balances for previous semesters but can have a balance for the current semester, while final-year students must clear all balances before sitting examinations.The university said that the policy was first communicated on June 9, 2017 and indicated a deadline for tuition payments of April 13 for finalizing students, with five reminders between June 2017 and April 7, until a further notice was issued on April 23, extending the deadline to April 27.In his statement, Thwaites said he was urging Reid “to intervene with UWI to save the students who are experiencing this challenge of pending deregistration.”
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has been invited to attend the first ever G20 Summit in Argentina on November 30, according to a statement issued by the Office of the Prime Minister on Monday.It said that Holness, who had also been invited to attend the Special Oceans Summit in Oslo, Norway following his successful historic presentation at the outreach session of the just concluded G7 Summit in Charlevoix, Canada.The statement said that Holness was specially invited by Argentine President, Mauricio Macri and the Prime Minister of Norway, Erna Solberg.Power of inclusive, sustainable economic growthIn Canada, Holness spoke of the need to strengthen resilience through integrated adaptation planning, emergency preparedness and recovery, while promoting gender-responsive approachesHe told the G7 summit that there are no forces with greater capacity to transform the lives of millions, from poverty to prosperity, than the forces of inclusive and sustainable economic growth.Ravaging effects of climate change“Yet, Jamaica and the Caribbean have struggled with low levels of economic growth and high debt, made worse by the ravaging effects of climate change on our islands which are situated in the midst of great bodies of water.”Holness said that small island developing states (SIDS) like the countries of the Caribbean need to be empowered to take charge of their development and prosperity, through economic growth rather than debt, while being good stewards of our environment.“This will undoubtedly require enlightened thinking and partnerships, as already recognized by each and every country which has signed on to Agenda 2030.”Substantial progressHolness said that with the steadfast support of bilateral friends and multi-lateral partners, Jamaica and other Caribbean countries have made substantial progress in implementing painful, but necessary economic and structural reforms across political administrations, which have delivered previously elusive macro-economic stability.
Isaac Makwala will run the 200 meters time trial race alone at the World Athletics Championships in London, following intervention from Botswanan Athletics Federation.The Botswanan Athletics Federation requested Makwala compete in the 200 meters event, following his withdrawal from the 400 meters event.A statement from the IAAF reads: “Given that his quarantine period expired at 14:00 hrs today (9 Aug) and following a medical examination which has declared him fit to compete.”“We have agreed under our existing rules that assuming he makes the qualification time, he will run in the 200m semi-final round this evening.”“Makwala is required to run a time of 20.53 or faster to advance to the semi-finals. He will run at 18:40hrs this evening on his own in lane 7, which was his original lane draw in the opening round.”However, “No athletes already qualified for the semi-final will be adversely affected.” the statement concludes.Related
Manchester City right back, Kyle Walker has responded to Dele Alli’s middle finger salute with a cheeky Mr. Bean meme.TV footage caught Alli making the middle finger gesture in England’s 2018 World Cup qualifier game against Slovakia at Wembley, with reports suggesting he directed the salute towards the referee, Clément Turpin. The 21-year-old midfielder, who risk facing disciplinary actions from FIFA, later apologised and debunked suggestions that his gesture was towards the referee but rather towards former Spurs teammate, Kyle Walker.“Just to clarify, the gesture tonight was a joke between me and my good friend Kyle Walker! Apologies for any offence caused! Great win 2nite,” he posted on his official.RelatedDele Alli Face FIFA Ban After Middle Finger GestureSeptember 5, 2017In “England”England Recall Forster And Delph Ahead Of Slovenia, Lithuania ClashesSeptember 28, 2017In “World Cup”Arsenal identify fan who assaulted Dele AlliDecember 20, 2018In “England”
888 appoints VC expert Limor Ganot as a corporate advisor July 20, 2020 Playtech offloads casual games subsidiaries July 16, 2020 Submit Share A turbulent first half of 2017, has seen FTSE-listed online gambling group 888 Holdings declare pre-tax losses of $17.3 million (H1 2016: £21.5 million), with the company impacted by ‘exceptional costs’ of +$50 million recorded during the period.Updating investors, 888 governance reported that the costs would offset a ‘record’ H1 performance for the company, as 888 recorded key metric growth and KPI gains across its product verticals.The firm would record H1 2017 corporate revenues of $270 million, up 3% on corresponding H1 2016’s $262 million, driven by the strong performance of its B2C casino division within regulated markets.The firm’s strong revenue performance would see 888 declare a period Adjusted EBITDA of $47.6 million representing a 8% increase on H1 2016: $44 million.Nevertheless, 888’s growth would be impacted by exceptional charges of $50.8 million booked during the period, of which the gambling firm has prioritised $45 million to cover “potential past VAT matters” relating to the German market.Adding to 888 earning woes, last week the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) ordered the operator to pay a record £7.8 million fine relating to social responsibility failures relating to vulnerable customers.In it H1 interim results, 888 governance detailed that it had set aside £4.2 million in preparation for its UKGC fine.Closing a turbulent H1 2017 period Itai Frieberger, Chief Executive Officer of 888, commented on company performance“888 has delivered further revenue growth and operational progress in the first half of 2017 resulting in a 9% increase in revenue at constant currency. This pleasing outcome was driven by continued growth in 888’s core Casino vertical, strong momentum in the fast-growing 888Sport and a good performance in Poker.The Group’s strong strategic momentum continued as 888 developed its positions in regulated geographies, achieved greater diversification across products and markets and further enhanced operational efficiencies.Our progress was driven by 888’s technology, leading CRM capabilities and cutting-edge marketing expertise. 888 is an agile business with an adaptable and entrepreneurial culture and team. Whilst the industry will continue to face regulatory headwinds in the second half of the year as further described below, trading in Q3 has started well and in line with the Board’s expectations. Underpinned by this momentum as well as the proven strengths of the Group’s business model the Board remains confident that 888 will achieve further progress and deliver its expectations for the full year.” StumbleUpon Related Articles GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile August 25, 2020 Share
Flutter moves to refine merger benefits against 2020 trading realities August 27, 2020 FTSE100-listed online betting group Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) has streamlined its affiliate marketing terms of business, adding a new ‘1 Strike Policy’ to its Betfair and Paddy Power partnership programs.The company has informed its affiliate that it will immediately suspend any marketing partner found to have breached its promotional/messaging guidelines. PPB states that it has implemented the 1 Strike Policy in order to be compliant with UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) guidelines and practices relating to advertising.Moving forward, PPB will not tolerate the following marketing activity for its flagship Betfair and Paddy Power brands:No SMS (text) marketingNo ‘advertorial style’ marketing referencing Paddy Power or Betfair brandsNo ‘pop-under’ marketing allowedAffiliate partners must disclose full media buy provisions (pages advertised, landing pages, brand displays, player destinations)Any betting tips/tipster content must ‘make clear that it is in fact a challenge and must not imply that success is guaranteed’All promotional offers must be attached to appropriate Paddy Power and Betfair terms and conditions.Consumers must be aware that publisher works independently of PPB brands.Any promotion via a Twitter, Facebook or other social media the account must have 18+ in the page bioAffiliate/Partner must use creative approved by Paddy Power or Betfair marketingPPB’s redraft of its affiliate marketing policy, follows a turbulent period for the betting industry’s advertising verticals.This week the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) found a number of misleading promotions targeting vulnerable consumers on affiliate websites 24hourlynews and casinohacks.co.The websites promoted dubious marketing messages promoting betting operators 888, SkyBet, Casumo and Ladbrokes which suggested that ‘gambling could provide an escape from personal financial problems’.Updating stakeholders, PPB marketing has stated that it wants to hold its partners to the highest standards of ASA and UKGC advertising policy.“We take the Gambling Commission Guidelines very seriously and want to ensure that all our affiliates are behaving in a responsible manner.With recent announcements in the sector it is imperative that we hold ourselves and our partners to the highest standards and ensure that we are not conducting marketing practices that are prohibited by The Gambling Commission, the ASA or other regulatory bodies.” PPB detailed in its message to affiliates. Submit Share FSB selects Glenn Elliott as new COO August 12, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon ‘Deal maker’ Rafi Ashkenazi ends Flutter tenure August 27, 2020 Share
Camelot aims for ‘Big September’ supporting a high street recovery August 26, 2020 Submit StumbleUpon Ministers expected to raise National Lottery age limit August 17, 2020 Share UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Related Articles Share Richard BatesonUK National Lottery operator Camelot Group has called for its first creative agency pitch in over 10-years, as the firm’s new leadership looks to revitalise the brand and messaging of the UK Lottery.To date, Camelot’s multi-million advertising account has been serviced by London marketing agency AMV BBDO (BBDO Group) who have acted as creative lead for National Lottery and EuroMillions brands.Calling for a creative rethink, UK marketing news sources report that Camelot executives seek to move their brands away from TV advertising, which has dominated the lottery operator’s ad-spend.Moving forward, Camelot seeks to build new audiences via social media verticals, whilst still promoting the social relevance and benefits of the UK National Lottery.The creative pitch will be led by recently appointed Camelot Group Commercial Director Richard Bateson, who will be supported by marketing agency consultants Oystercatchers London.AMV BBDO has confirmed that it will repitch its services for Camelot, who expect to announce its agency decision by April.
Alberto Alfieri: Leading the way for Gamingtec’s B2C growth August 25, 2020 StumbleUpon Sports betting site ParisSportifs has had all affiliate assets acquired by Catena Media, as the firm continues its strategic expansion, with an eye on this summers Russian World Cup.Entering the French market through the purchase, with the initial price amounting to an upfront payment of €8.2m, the assets are set to be consolidated within Catena during this month.Of that initial payment, €6.2m will be paid in cash and the remaining €2m in newly issued shares, whilst there is also an earn-out of a maximum of €5.7m, based on revenue performance over the period of one year, which in a “reasonably expected scenario” would see a total earn-out payment of €3.2m.In its statement, the firm detailed “the sellers would need to generate revenue growth of between 40 and 60 percent during the earn-out period of one year. Up to 50 percent of the earn-out may be paid with shares in Catena Media plc.” Henrik Persson Ekdahl, acting CEO of Catena Media, commented: ”I am very proud that we are now entering the regulated French market through this strategic acquisition of ParisSportifs. This is in line with our growth strategy and strengthens our leading position in Europe. It’s also a strategic move for us, bringing growth in sports betting with the FIFA World Cup just around the corner.”Announcing the acquisition, Catena further stated: “The shares will be issued at a subscription price of SEK 120,97 per share, corresponding to the volume-weighted average price for Catena Media’s shares on Nasdaq Stockholm during a period of 30 trading days up to and including 12 April 2018. “This means that a total of 170,221 shares will be issued, corresponding to approximately 0,3 percent of the shares and votes in the company. The shares will be subject to a lock-up period of six months effective from the closing date of the transaction.” Share Related Articles ESI Digital – No Drama Please… Esports growth should be treated as business as usual August 20, 2020 SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 Submit Share
Share Premier League looks to broadcast every behind-closed-door fixture August 28, 2020 BT Sport has announced that later this year it plans on launching BT Sport Box Office, a pay-per-view channel which will be available on BT TV and the Sky platform.This season, BT Sport retained the rights to Premier League football for a further three years, however, it appears unlikely for now that football coverage will be affected by the launch of BT’s new platform. With BT in a broadcasting deal with boxing promoter Frank Warren, many believe the new platform has been formed to accommodate the return of former Heavyweight champion boxer, Tyson Fury, who signed a promotional deal with Warren earlier this week. Nonetheless, with BT’s expansive portfolio including various premium football leagues, the Champions League and the UFC, the potential for the network to push numerous sports onto itAdditionally, the way sport is consumed in America is also going through a dramatic change, with the launch of a new streaming service from Walt Disney, ESPN+.There has been much anticipation about the new platform from US sports fans, as its launch was the subject of much speculation.The service, which will be available for $4.99 per month, will offer fans the opportunity to indulge in not only live streaming, but also original ESPN content.With regards to live sports, ESPN+ will include speciality programming for select Major League Baseball and NHL games, international sports, however, it won’t show NFL games.The launch represents a significant swing in the way sports are consumed, as ESPN looks to follow the lead of CBS by placing a greater focus on its online platforms as opposed to television based sports offering.CBS recently went live with its free streaming sports service CBS Sports, offering fans the opportunity to view a network that takes the best from all of the CBS service. Submit Sky Sports grows American football offering with NFL channel August 14, 2020 Share StumbleUpon BetInvest: The benefits of separating esports betting markets August 7, 2020 Related Articles