Penn State To Host Miami WR Grad Transfer Lawrence Cager

first_imgPenn State Nittany Lions head coach James Franklin looks on against the USC Trojans.PASADENA, CA – JANUARY 02: Penn State Nittany Lions head coach James Franklin looks on against the USC Trojans during the 2017 Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual at the Rose Bowl on January 2, 2017 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images)With Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley on his way to the NFL, head coach James Franklin and McSorley’s successor could use some veterans at wide receiver to make the transition easier. Fortunately, one such veteran could become available in a few days.According to 247Sports, Miami (FL) graduate transfer Lawrence Cager is slated to visit the Penn State campus next weekend.Cager has a year of eligibility left after playing the past three seasons for the Hurricanes.The 6-foot-5, 218-pound receiver has been used only sparingly at Miami over the past few years, but has made the most out of the touches he’s received.In 2018, he averaged 17.8 yards per reception on 21 catches with six touchdowns.Since 2016, he has 45 receptions for 681 yards and ten touchdown catches, with a 15.1 yards per reception average.Per the report, Penn State’s opponents for Cager’s signature will be Iowa State, where he is visiting this weekend, along with Kentucky, Ole Miss, Oregon and Virginia.Penn State as I have said is looking for a wide receiver. Lawrence Cager is 6-5 and both sides have mutual interests. This kid at 6-5 could turn into star in Penn States offense, had 6 touchdowns for Hurricanes.— Leader Johnson (@WriterLeader247) January 24, 2019Penn State will have its leading receiver from 2018, K.J. Hamler, back with the team next season. But beyond Hamler, the Nittany Lions have only limited experience or impact players at the receiver position.Cager’s 374 receiving yards last year would have been second on the team.last_img read more

Good Lord Im back says Tony Blackburn as he returns to BBC

first_img Show more Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily  Front Page newsletter and new  audio briefings. He’s back! https://t.co/SpdbGd6Tqe— Sir Roger Moore (@sirrogermoore) December 31, 2016 Blackburn will also present an hour-long Radio 2 show at 7pm on Fridays, starting later in January.In the New Year’s Eve show, running from 8pm to 11pm, he will play classic tracks from the likes of Michael Jackson, The Temptations and Dionne Warwick. The BBC said it stood by its decision to take Blackburn off the air, but added that he would be returning.Blackburn has strenuously denied suggestions that he “seduced” Claire McAlpine – who later took her own life – after inviting her back to his flat following a recording of Top Of The Pops in the 1970s.The DJ, who first broadcast on Radio 1, denied in evidence that he had ever been made aware by the BBC of the complaint against him, even though the corporation told the Dame Janet Smith inquiry he had been. Tony Blackburn returned to the BBC airwaves announcing “Good Lord, I’m back”, 10 months after being sacked over evidence he gave to the Jimmy Savile inquiry.The 73-year-old broadcaster presented a three-hour live show, Soul Party, on Radio 2 for New Year’s Eve and opened with the Gloria Gaynor classic I Will Survive.He said as his slot began: “It’s New Year’s Eve, it’s BBC Radio 2 and what do you know? Good Lord, I’m back.”Blackburn was welcomed back by Sir Roger Moore who tweeted about his return. The DJ said: “I’ve just had a tweet from Sir Roger Moore, ‘He’s back!’ Fantastic.”He also said: “One or two people are saying where have you been for the last eight months? Well, I went for a long walk and got lost. Somebody found me yesterday.”Blackburn’s return to the corporation was announced in October, with the I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! winner saying he “can’t wait” to get started.The DJ had threatened to sue the BBC and claimed he had been made a “scapegoat” after being taken off air in February.Later, announcing his comeback, he said: “I have had a difficult year personally, but I’m pleased to be returning to the BBC and can’t wait to get behind the mic again.”last_img read more