THE third edition of the Annual Turbo Knockout Football tournament was launched on Tuesday with twenty teams announced as participants. They are Georgetown Football Club (GFC), Camptown Football Club, Northern Rangers FC, Riddim Squad FC, GT Panthers FC, Pele FC, Eastveldt FC, Beacons FC, Police FC, Buxton Stars FC, Mahaica Determinators FC, Dynamic FC, Timheri Panthers, Uitvlught FC, Pouderoyen FC, Eagles United, Black Pearl FC, Santos U-20, Fruta Conquerors U-20 and Buxton United U20.Speaking at yesterday’s Launch, Petra representative Mark Alleyne contended that, “There is no better feeling as an administrator than the sport exceling. We believe that this partnership will continue to be a successful one.”He spoke in the absence of Petra Co-Director, Troy Mendonca.Representing the Guyana Football Federation (GFF), Youth Coach Wayne Dover noted that they are particularly interested in this tournament because of the youth teams.“We are on a scouting exercise across Guyana to look for talent for the National U20 tournament,” he added. He continued, “We would like to say that we are pleased to recognise the contribution of the Petra Organisation and running these tournaments across Guyana. We look forward to seeing a smooth running of the Turbo Football Tournament.”Meanwhile, tournament title sponsors Turbo, through their parent company Beverages Inc., (GBI) commented on their continued support.Marketing representative, Raymond Govinda said, “We believe that the tournament provides the perfect platform to develop new talents and foster the growth of football.”He added that the company has extended its reach to feature other sports throughout the year, but had to continue this one based on its successes.The tournament will feature 10 playing days, beginning on November 9 and concluding on December 6.The first prize for the tournament will be $400,000, with second place bagging $200,000, third place $100,000 and fourth place $50,000.The tournament will be played exclusively at the Ministry of Education ground Carifesta Avenue.
FILE PHOTO; Higuain Higuain only made a late appearance as a substitute when the sides met again, with Juventus 1-0 victors on Wednesday in the Italian Super Cup, which was held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso insisted Higuain had been suffering from a fever, but admitted earlier this week that the striker was determined to link up once more with Sarri.“When a player makes up his mind it becomes hard to convince them otherwise,” said Gattuso.Chelsea are badly in need of a centre-forward, with the form of the misfiring Morata and Olivier Giroud prompting Sarri to use Eden Hazard in an unfamiliar false nine role in recent weeks.Morata signed for a then club-record £60 million ($77 million) in July 2017 from Real Madrid, but after a bright start has become increasingly bereft of confidence over the past year.After two spells with Real, Morata is set to switch sides in the Spanish capital by joining Atletico, where he started his career as a youth team player. Share on: WhatsApp London, United Kingdom | AFP | Chelsea are set to add some much-needed firepower by reuniting manager Maurizio Sarri with Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, according to widespread reports on Thursday.Higuain, 31, is halfway through a season-long loan at AC Milan from Juventus, with an option to make the deal permanent.However, Chelsea have reportedly reached an agreement with the Italian sides to bring Higuain on loan with the option to make the deal permanent or extend the loan for another 12 months at the end of the season.As a result of Higuain’s arrival, Alvaro Morata is set to leave Chelsea to return to Spain at Atletico Madrid on loan.Higuain scored a record 36 Serie A goals under Sarri at Napoli before moving to Juventus in 2016 for then the third-highest transfer fee of all time in a 90 million euro move ($103 million).After winning two league titles with the Bianconeri, though, he was forced out by the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo in July.Milan paid 18 million euros to sign Higuain on loan, with a clause to make the deal permanent for a further 36 million euros.Yet he has struggled to settle at the San Siro, scoring eight goals in all competitions and was heavily criticised for a meltdown that saw him sent off in a 2-0 defeat to Juventus in November.