Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppCoral Harbour Base 28 Oct 2015 (RBDF): The Royal Bahamas Defence Force received reports concerning a 23-foot Contender pleasure craft that was stolen from the Nassau Harbour area early Monday morning. Acting on intelligence received, the Harbour Patrol Unit’s Delta Watch proceeded along with a team from Commando Squadron to investigate the matter aboard a Defence Force fast patrol craft. The search led Defence Force Marines to the Seabreeze Canal area where the abandoned vessel was sighted early Tuesday morning. The vessel was then towed to the Harbour Patrol Unit where the matter was turned over to Police for further investigation.The Royal Bahamas Defence Force continues to strive towards achieving greater success in fulfilling its mandate to “Guard our Heritage.” Defence Force Makes History With Public Service Award HMBS Durward Knowles Provides Hurricane Relief To Long Island Residents In Clarence Town Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Haitian Migrants Apprehended Related Items:atlantis, Royal Bahamas Defence Force, stolen vessel
“When I first came in, I said I’m here to get this company out of bankruptcy, grow value and sell it because we’re owned by the banks,” French tells Folio:.In that sense, this deal resembles last year’s divestment of the agriculture group, which kicked off Cygnus’s sale process almost a year to the day. And, like last year, the company has retained Corporate Solutions to broker the auction. French declined to offer revenue or pricing details, but says the group is profitable and doing a “very high” margin. According to a source, revenues are in the $10 million range. Digitally, the group has had 21 percent CAGR for the last five years, French says. Cygnus Business Media CEO John French announced to employees today that the company is putting its Heavy Construction Group up for sale, Folio: has learned. Included in the deal will be seven print magazines, two websites and an event.The Heavy Construction Group is one of three groups within the Construction division, which also includes the Residential Construction and Landscaping groups. The auction is the next step in a process that French undertook when he joined as CEO in 2009 right after the company emerged from bankruptcy protection: bring the portfolio back into shape and sell it off, in pieces or in aggregate.
A brilliant full moon rises at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida in 2017. NASA/Kim Shiflett The longest night. The shortest day. Winter solstice is here for the Northern Hemisphere, and it’s a time of both darkness and light, especially this year. Friday, Dec. 21 marks the solstice, but Saturday, Dec. 22 will gift us with a full moon known as the Full Cold Moon thanks to its wintry timing. The solstice and the full moon are happening less than a day apart. That means our lunar neighbor should be plenty bright enough all weekend to light up your solstice celebrations. Space What is the best part of the #WinterSolstice? How about daylight will now start increasing for the next 6 months!Read more about astronomical seasons here: https://t.co/rRWaknryeV pic.twitter.com/pfbiboydu5— NWS (@NWS) December 21, 2018 11 Photos Tags You can celebrate the moon simply by enjoying the luminosity it brings, but NASA program executive Gordon Johnston has another suggestion: “As usual, the wearing of suitably celebratory celestial attire is encouraged in honor of the full moon.” So break out your Sailor Moon cosplay or your NASA skate shoes and stare up into space this weekend. Memorable moon photos from NASA and beyond (pictures) Share your voice The next time the full moon and solstice will come so close together is in 2029. The moon will help enliven the long night, and, as the US National Weather Service points out, we can now look forward to daylight increasing for the next six months. Google celebrates winter and summer solstices with pair of doodles This is what summer solstice looks like on other planets 1 Sci-Tech CNET’s Holiday Gift Guide: The place to find the best tech gifts for 2018.NASA turns 60: The space agency has taken humanity farther than anyone else, and it has plans to go further. Comment Solstice sightings
CNET may get a commission from retail offers. $999 Best Buy See it See It Tags Apple Aug 31 • iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which iPhone should you buy? $999 $999 Review • iPhone XS review, updated: A few luxury upgrades over the XR Boost Mobile Mobile Tech Industry See It Aug 31 • Best places to sell your used electronics in 2019 Sep 1 • iPhone 11, Apple Watch 5 and more: The final rumors • 4 Sprint Aug 31 • Your phone screen is gross. Here’s how to clean it Apple removed five mineral suppliers. Angela Lang/CNET Apple removed five smelters and refiners from is supply chain for failing to pass or not being willing to participate in human rights audits, according to its 2018 Conflict Minerals Report filed on Friday.In 2018, the iPhone maker identified eight potential incidents “involving the police in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and/or the DRC army in connection with a variety of alleged illicit activities,” the report said. Three incidents have closed while five remain open with investigations in progress, though details weren’t provided in the report.”Apple is deeply committed to upholding human rights across its global network of suppliers,” the company wrote in the report. “Through its strict supplier standards, Apple commits to use minerals in its products that do not directly or indirectly finance armed conflict or benefit armed groups.”More than 250 smelters and refiners in Apple’s supply chain passed the company’s auditing process in 2018.This isn’t Apple’s first time letting go of suppliers. The company in 2017 removed 10 smelters and refiners for the same reasons, according to its 2017 Conflict Minerals Report. In January 2018, China Labour Watch allegedly discovered an Apple supplier was paying workers low wages and letting them work long hours in an unsafe environment. Apple sent auditors to verify the claims following the report. First published on Feb. 15, 10:02 a.m. PT.Updates, 1:31 p.m. PT: Adds more background information. Apple iPhone XS Share your voice Mentioned Above Apple iPhone XS (64GB, space gray) See It reading • Apple ditches five mineral suppliers over failure to pass human rights audits See All Comments $999 Apple Preview • iPhone XS is the new $1,000 iPhone X
Mohit MorfacebookThe TikTok world in India was shocked when one of its stars, Mohit Mor, was gunned down in Delhi. The investigation revealed that the murderer was a 17-year-old boy. He had opened fire after an argument at their gym. Mor was a gym instructor and had put up many gym and fitness videos on TikTok garnering over 5 lakh followers. His murder at a photocopy shop in South Delhi had prompted an investigation by the police to nab the killer and find the reason.The police caught the boy with the help of Mor’s phone’s call details records. It showed that the 17-year-old boy was the last person to speak to Mor before his murder on May 14. The CCTV camera installed showed three people leaving the shop.”When Mohit Mor was speaking with his friend inside the shop, three armed persons barged inside the shop and indiscriminately fired 13 bullets on him. Mohit Mor fell on a sofa kept inside the shop. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead. Mohit Mor suffered seven bullets,” a senior police officer had told India today while initially talking about the TikTok star’s death.”All the three accused, one of them wearing a black helmet, had come on a scooty. They were seen in a CCTV footage running away from the busy narrow street after the crime,” police added. CCTV footage of the assailantstwitterThe accused was arrested near Dhulsiras village in Dwarka with an illegal country-made pistol and two cartridges.According to The New Indian Express, Mor had yelled at the accused and allegedly assaulted him in front of many people. This prompted the accused to get a gun and shoot Mor out of anger.”During the investigation, it was found that the juvenile and Mor had a fight at a gym which led to the victim assaulting the accused in front of other people,” a senior police officer was quoted as saying by IANS.The officer added, “The infuriated juvenile then decided to kill Mor. He along with his two friends searched for the victim but could not find him in the gym.” The police are trying to find the other two accused.
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress (TMC) issued a whip today to its Lok Sabha members to be present in the House on July 20 when the opposition-sponsored no-confidence motion would be taken up for discussion. TMC chief national spokesperson Derek O’Brien told PTI that the whip was issued to all 34 party MPs in the Lok Sabha. “They (the MPs) will participate in the discussion and voting in the Lok Sabha and return to Kolkata,” he said. O’Brien added that the party would observe its annual “Martyr’s Day” rally in Kolkata on July 21. This year’s rally will be the 25th anniversary of the event. Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan announced that the House will take up discussion and voting on the no-confidence motion on July 20. The motion was brought against the Narendra Modi government by the TDP and opposition parties.
Kolkata: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday raided various locations and office premises of Shree Ganesh Jewellery House here in connection with a Rs 2,672 crore money laundering case, an official said. “Our officials have started search operations at 11 locations including Shree Ganesh’s office premises and residences of its senior officials in the city,” an ED official said. The agency has been investigating the case under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killed Based on a complaint of defrauding a consortium of banks led by the State Bank of India (SBI) for non-payment of loan to the tune of Rs 2,672 crore, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had earlier commenced an investigation against the company. Subsequently, the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) had, in June 2018, arrested Nilesh Parekh, the promoter of the company in the alleged diversion of primary gold of over 1,700 kg. According to DRI officials, the firm having several units in Manikanchan Special Economic Zone (MKSEZ), Kolkata, was allegedly involved in diversion of gold imported duty free on the strength of being a nominated agency and also in its capacity as an SEZ unit. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata Bose “Currently, Parekh is on an interim bail and there was restriction on his movement outside of the city. We are in process of finalising a charge sheet against him, which will be filed soon,” a DRI official told IANS. During investigations, the agency found the accused to “be actively involved in the fraud of diversion of primary gold of over 1,700 kg among other violations like non-realization of remittance on account of export of gems and Jewelleries to the tune of Rs 7,500 crore” to the several dummy and shell companies at Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai.
Register Now » 2 min read This week, Instagram rolled out Bolt, a new app that lets users record and send quick, unedited photo or video messages by tapping on a friend’s photo. The message then disappears when you swipe your screen. The app is currently only available to users in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa. Instagram told The Verge that since 65 percent of Instagram users are based internationally, “we are starting with a handful of countries to make sure we can scale the experience.”Bolt is only the most recent offering of Snapchat-esque apps, a crowded slate that includes Wickr, a “top-secret messenger” that recently raised $30 million; Slingshot, an app created by Facebook that has a unique “I-send-you-send” stipulation; and the Berlin-based one-click messaging app TapTalk. Related: Want Your Brand Associated With Positivity? Snap a Pic, Ditch the Tweet.TapTalk in particular seems to be a model that Bolt is aping, and in an interview with TechCrunch published yesterday, TapTalk CEO Onno Faber said “we know we have a great product, so clones don’t come as a surprise.”Also not particularly thrilled about Instagram’s entry into the market is a free phone-calling app called Bolt. On Monday, Bolt CEO Andrew Benton posted an open letter urging Instagram to reconsider using the name Bolt, saying it’s already causing confusion for their customers.”It wasn’t too long ago that you were the little guy,” Benton wrote. “I know you haven’t forgotten how hard it is to build something from nothing. And not just technology, but a brand and distinct identity for yourself. Imagine how it would have felt if Google or Apple or Facebook had launched a photo-sharing app called Instagram in 2011.”Related: This Bar Wants You to Apply for a Job Via Snapchat Free Webinar | Sept 5: Tips and Tools for Making Progress Toward Important Goals Attend this free webinar and learn how you can maximize efficiency while getting the most critical things done right. July 30, 2014
By: Pan PylasSource: The Associated Press Tags: Spain, Trend Watch Tuesday, November 7, 2017 << Previous PostNext Post >> LONDON — The restive Spanish region of Catalonia faces a potential $500 million financial hit in the fourth quarter as business-related travel dips following the attack in Barcelona and the uncertainty generated by the disputed independence referendum.In an interview Monday with The Associated Press at the World Travel Market in London, Catalonia’s top tourism official Patrick Torrent said the region will likely see a 10-12 per cent fall in tourist numbers during the fourth quarter, which would equate to around 450 million euros. The large bulk of that fall is related to a drop-off in business travel to events such as conventions.Despite the anticipated fourth-quarter decline, the executive director at the Catalan Tourist Board, said Catalonia is set to see revenues this year outstrip those last year and that the expectation is that revenues will rise again next.However, more insight will emerge at the turn of the year when the bulk of pre-reservations are made. His staff, he said, are “on alert” about the impact on the main booking season.The worry among many economists is that deteriorating business environment in Catalonia, which has seen around 1,500 firms move their headquarters out of the region, could worsen further amid all the uncertainty. Credit ratings agency Moody’s has warned that the region’s financial recovery is being jeopardizedMore news: Canada raises travel warning amid escalating protests in Hong Kong“Moody’s believes that the political instability will negatively affect the region’s economy, in particular foreign investor sentiment and the tourism sector, and add pressure to the region’s already weak finances,” it said last week.The Catalan tourism industry, a key income generator in what is Spain’s richest region, has had a difficult few months. After the August attacks in Barcelona and a nearby town that saw 16 people killed, the region has been embroiled in a battle of wills with Spain over the disputed independence referendum in early October which prompted Madrid to impose direct rule and seek the arrest of members of the Catalan government, including its leader, Carles Puigdemont, who has fled to Brussels.The impact of the attack in Barcelona on holiday travellers was short-lived, according to Torrent, and “less important” than other cities in Europe, such as Brussels or Paris.“The perception of Barcelona and Catalonia as a safe destination has not suffered any impact,” he said, noting figures showing tourism numbers higher in September.More news: Rome enforces ban on sitting on Spanish StepsTorrent said he met up with Alvaro Nadal, the Spanish minister of energy, tourism and digital matters, on Monday for the first time since the triggering of Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution which imposed direct rule on Catalonia.Torrent said the Spanish government has made no requirements upon him or his staff and that it is “business as usual” until an early Catalan regional election on Dec. 21.“It’s not intervention. It’s more a kind of co-ordination,” he said. “It’s easy, it’s not complicated, with good relations without problems, at this moment.”Before direct rule, Torrent would speak with Spanish tourism officials two or three times a month. Now, it’s that amount of times a week.Torrent urged all participants in upcoming demonstrations in Catalonia before the election, including one this Saturday, to remain peaceful and law-abiding.“It’s important to say that our streets are normal, our restaurants are working as usual, our destination is exactly the same situation,” Torrent said. Catalonia’s tourism faces a 10% hit in fourth quarter Share