Updated – House and Trailer Fire in Pouce Coupe

first_imgPhoto:  What’s left of a home in Pouce Coupe after a fire Sunday morning – Submitted Phyllis KalmbachThe two homes in the community of Pouce Coupe have been destroyed by fire.- Advertisement -At approximately 7:30am Sunday, Pouce Coupe Fire Crews were called to the scene of a house fire on 51st avenue.  The home was built more than 50 years ago and crews believe the fire was caused by some type of electrical failure.The fire spread quickly to a neighbouring mobile home which suffered a large amount of damage to the roof.  Thankfully, a neighbour rushed to the mobile home and woke up the residents after spotting the fire next door.No one lives in the home where the first fire started, but a young family did live in the mobile home. That family will be staying with relatives in the community and has already received assistance from Emergency Social Services.  The Salvation Army will also be providing the family with clothing and other house old items.  If you’d like to make a donation to the family, you can contact the Dawson Creek Salvation Army on Monday.Pouce Coupe volunteer Fire Fighters were on the scene for over 5 hours with the temperature as low as minus 42.Advertisement If you have any photos or video of the fire, e-mail contact@energeticcity-beta.mystagingwebsite.comPhoto:  More pictures of the damage in Pouce Coupe – Submitted Phyllis KalmbachView Pouce Coupe Fire in a larger maplast_img read more