CDC information on neuraminidase inhibitorshttp://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/antiviralback.htm Movement of people in and out of the area would be effectively restricted. WHO news releasehttp://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2005/pr36/en/index.html Roche news releasehttp://www.roche.com/med-cor-2005-08-24 “If the first signs of improved transmissibility are picked up quickly, there is a chance that rapid intervention, involving mass prophylactic administration of antiviral drugs, might contain the pandemic at its source or at least delay international spread, gaining time to intensify preparedness,” the agency said. The first viruses that show an ability to sustain transmission among humans would not yet be highly contagious. The 30 million doses will be used to build up an international stockpile of antivirals, the WHO said in announcing the gift today. The first 1 million treatment courses (10 million capsules) will be ready early in 2006, with the rest expected before mid-2006. Earlier this month, the WHO said it had enough oseltamivir to treat 120,000 people. The company said it has received orders for oseltamivir from about 30 countries in the past few months, as governments have begun building their own stockpiles. Countries aiming to buy enough of the drug to cover 20% to 40% of their people include France, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Recent news reports said the US government has stockpiled enough oseltamivir to treat about 2.3 million people. “Right now, many countries are creating their own stockpiles of antivirals,” said WHO Director-General Dr. Lee Jong-Wook, as quoted in the WHO announcement. “However poor countries simply cannot afford to do this. If a flu pandemic were to emerge in a poor country for example, these drugs could be flown quickly to the center of a potential pandemic. We urge other countries to help us build up the international stockpile.” Roche CEO William M. Burns said the production lead time for the drug is about 12 months. The company doubled its production capacity last year and this year, and it plans to increase it further in 2006, he said. Aug 24, 2005 (CIDRAP News) The Swiss drug company Roche has pledged to give the World Health Organization (WHO) enough doses of the antiviral drug oseltamivir (Tamiflu) to treat 3 million people, in the hope that it could help to stave off or delay an influenza pandemic. The emergence of such viruses would have to be limited to a small geographical area. Antiviral drugs would be rapidly mobilized from the stockpile and administered to a large enough share of the affected population. “While mass intervention with antiviral drugs has no guarantee of success, it nonetheless needs to be undertaken as it represents one of the few preventive options for an event with predictably severe consequences for every country in the world,” the WHO said. “Once the virus has become fully contagious, its spread to all parts of the world is considered unstoppable.” “Oseltamivir could help to reduce illness and death, and when combined with other measures, could potentially contain an emerging pandemic virus or slow its national and international spread,” the WHO said. “If it reaches the site of an outbreak quickly, an antiviral stockpile could especially help people in poorer countries.” A Roche news release said oseltamivir is likely to be effective against any mutating strain of the H5N1 virus. See also: Oseltamivir is one of the two flu drugs called neuraminidase inhibitors, the other being zanamivir (Relenza). Of the two, only oseltamivir is approved for prevention (as well as treatment) of flu and for use in children younger than 7 years (and older than 1 year). Both drugs reduce flu severity if treatment is begun within 48 hours after symptoms appear, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The drug “would be dispatched to people in greatest need at the site of an emerging influenza pandemic,” the agency said today. The announcement comes amid growing concern that the H5N1 avian flu virus in Asia may evolve into a humanly contagious form at any time, triggering a pandemic. The first clusters of human cases caused by the virus would have to be rapidly detected and reported. Officials said the following specific conditions would be required: Disease experts have warned that stopping a budding pandemic would be extremely difficult at best. The WHO noted that such a thing has never been tried before and said success would depend on meeting tough conditions.
Mar 24, 2006 (CIDRAP News) – Avian influenza has killed a 3-year-old girl in Cambodia and a 29-year-old woman in China, pushing the global toll from the H5N1 virus to 105 deaths out of 186 cases, the World Health Organization announced today.The Cambodian girl was the fifth person in her country to die of the illness and the first since April 2005. She fell ill Mar 14, was hospitalized Mar 21, and died the next day, the WHO said, citing information from the Cambodian government.Samples from the girl tested positive at the Pasteur Institute in Cambodia, the agency said.An Agence France-Presse (AFP) report today said the girl, named Mon Vuthy, came from the village of Phum Prich, about 28 miles west of Phnom Penh, the capital.Chickens in the village began dying in February, and she was known to have played with sick chickens, the WHO said.WHO and Cambodian investigators found seven people in the village who were ill with fever but had no respiratory symptoms, the agency said. All had had contact with sick birds or had been involved in caring for the girl. Though their symptoms were not consistent with H5N1 infection, they are being tested and are under medical observation, the WHO said.At least 42 other people who had contact with the girl or the seven people under observation are also being tested, AFP reported.Most people in the victim’s village keep chickens or ducks, and nearly all said they had eaten poultry that had been sick, according to AFP.In China, the health ministry said a 29-year-old woman who was a migrant worker died of avian flu in a Shanghai hospital Mar 21, according to the WHO. She had been hospitalized since Mar 15.Her case was the first reported in Shanghai, the WHO said. China now has had 16 human H5N1 cases, including 11 deaths.The agency said the woman’s source of infection is under investigation. No poultry outbreaks of H5N1 have been reported in the Shanghai area since February 2004.In related news this week, Finland said yesterday it had ordered 5.2 million doses of an H5N1 vaccine, enough to cover its entire population, according to an AFP report. The Dutch company Solvay Pharmaceuticals will produce the vaccine for 20.8 million euros, or about $25 million.The Finnish National Public Health Institute said the vaccine would be used if the H5N1 virus evolves into a pandemic strain, AFP reported. Clinical studies to determine the vaccine formulation and dosage are to be conducted in coming months.Finnish officials said the vaccine should provide some protection if the H5N1 virus leads to a pandemic. But to provide for better protection, the government has also signed a contract with Solvay for 5.5 million doses of a future vaccine to be developed after the emergence of a pandemic virus, according to AFP.Also this week, the head of the WHO once again urged governments to prepare for a pandemic. “We urge and plead countries to be prepared,” said Dr. Lee Jong-wook, in comments reported Mar 22 by AFP.”About 50 countries have concrete plans,” Lee said. “All others are scrambling to have a plan. . . . We have to take advantage of this window of opportunity.”See also:WHO statement on case in Chinahttp://www.who.int/csr/don/2006_03_24c/en/index.htmlWHO statement on Cambodian casehttp://www.who.int/csr/don/2006_03_24/en/index.html
By consensus, the Croatian Parliament decided to extend the deadline for submitting requests for legalization of illegal buildings until June 30, 2018, but noting that on-site inspections should be intensified in order to prevent illegal construction.This is not a new legalization, because this deadline applies only to persons who had the right to submit applications in 2012, when the law came into force, said State Secretary of the Ministry of Construction and Physical Planning Dunja Magaš, presenting the final proposal to amend the Law on dealing with illegally constructed buildings.The deadline is extended to June 30, 2018 due to the large number of unresolved cases, but also due to the legalization of as many buildings as possible. Namely, as Maguš said, with yesterday’s 826 thousand requests for legalization, 558 thousand cases have been legally resolved. The state, on the other hand, earned 2016 billion kuna from legalization fees by the end of 1,318, she said.The legal changes also increase the percentage of funds earned from legalization fees for local self-government units from 20 to 30 percent, which MPs also welcomed.In the afternoon, the deputies also supported the final proposal for amendments to the Law on Physical Planning, which harmonizes it with the EU directive and which enables spatial planning in the protected ecological-fishing zone and the continental shelf of Croatia.
Attachment:NOTE / THIS IS LAST YEAR’S CALL AND IS NOT CURRENT / INVITATION TO EXPRESS INTEREST IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE “SPORTS CROATIA” PROJECT FOR MARKETING AND PR COOPERATION ON INTERNATIONAL SIGNIFICANT SPORTS PROJECTS IN 2018. Yesterday, the 42nd session of the Tourist Board of the Croatian Tourist Board was held at the Ministry of Tourism, at which the members of the Council were presented with the proposal of the annual work program of the Croatian Tourist Board for 2019. At the session, a proposal for an invitation to express interest in the implementation of the Sports Croatia project in 2019 and a proposal for a decision on the establishment of the Commission for Sports Croatia were adopted. Exceptional emphasis in future work will be placed on the Sports Croatia program and on cooperation with the Croatian Olympic, Handball and Football Federations with the aim of strengthening Croatia’s position on the dynamic world tourist market.According to the CNTB, the reason for a more systematic approach to branding through sports is the excellent results of this year’s promotion through sports and that is why the Sports Croatia program is being prepared for next year, which will support top sports events in Croatia and conduct promotional activities in cooperation with international famous Croatian athletes.As part of the Sportska Hrvatska project, projects and events such as the Tour of Croatia cycling race, ATP Croatia Open Umag, Pannonian Challenge, Downhill UCI MTB World Cup Mali Lošinj, TP52 Super Series world regatta held in Šibenik and Zadar, etc. have already been supported. Last year. In addition, at the same convocation, a proposal for a Decision on marketing cooperation with the Croatian Olympic Committee on the Sportska Hrvatska project as well as a Decision on marketing cooperation with the Croatian Football and Handball Federations was adopted.”It is important to point out that the promotion of Croatia through a combination of sports and celebrities is also currently one of the most effective promotional tools, which was confirmed this summer at one of the most watched World Cups in Russia. Through cooperation with top Croatian athletes, medal winners and participants in important international competitions in domestic and foreign markets, as well as through cooperation related to holding top sporting events in Croatia, our goal is to further strengthen the brand and raise awareness of Croatia as an attractive tourist destination. offers throughout the year. As a kind of ambassadors of our country, athletes deserve our maximum support in work and development, and I also believe that joint cooperation in domestic and emitting markets will have a positive impact on increasing tourist traffic and general consumption.”, Said the Minister of Tourism and President of the Croatian Tourist Board Gari Cappelli.In the coming period, the Croatian National Tourist Board will establish a four-year cooperation with the Croatian Olympic Committee for the implementation of marketing and PR cooperation in the project “Sports Destination Croatia” in order to create and deliver an innovative product focused mostly on athletes, based on quality infrastructure and recognition foreign sports market.Also, from 2019 to 2021, the Croatian National Tourist Board and the Croatian Handball Federation, in order to further strengthen the brand, will cooperate through matches and performances that the Croatian men’s senior handball team will play during the term of the contract. The cooperation proposal includes, among other things, branding of sports equipment with the Croatian tourism logo, highlighting it on the handball court at matches organized by HRS, and other materials of the association, using HRS visuals and other activities related to the implementation of CNTB promotional activities. Additionally, from the end of 2018 to the end of 2022, cooperation with the Croatian Football Association will be established, which will include marketing and PR activities related to domestic matches and trainings at home and abroad.We bring you what last year’s call for the implementation of the “Sports Croatia” project looked like, to get a framework of what kind of cooperation it works with and what they expect in the CNTB. We are certainly following the development of the project “Sportska hrvatska” and we will publish new details as well as the invitation for cooperation for 2019 as soon as it is published.
At the beginning of this year, an Agreement on cooperation in the creation, development and promotion of the tourist brand of the “Gorski kotar” region was signed. / / / AGREEMENT ON COOPERATION ON CREATION, DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF THE TOURIST BRAND OF THE “GORSKI KOTAR” REGION SIGNED This Agreement covers the activities of drafting strategic documents intended for the development and promotion of tourism in the Gorski Kotar region in the period from 2019 to 2025, based on which the development and marketing activities of local tourist boards and local governments will be consolidated and harmonized. In the direction of future development, the Municipality of Fužine, in agreement with representatives of local tourism businesses, ie members of the Assembly of the Tourist Board and the Tourist Council of the Municipality of Fužine, unanimously passed a decision to put the municipal Tourist Office – Fužine Tourist Board. Perhaps this move accelerates the realization of the tourist brand of the “Gorski kotar” region. Now is the right time to reset and lay new healthy and sustainable foundations. And this regardless of the pandemic, because it relies on the “Master Plan for Tourism Development of Gorski Kotar”, and mostly on the common position of all mayors and mayors of this area and representatives of the tourism sector who believe it is necessary to establish a single Tourist Board of Gorski Kotar. So logical and natural – a tourist brand Gorski Kotar. The aim is to ensure a clear presence on the national and world markets when conditions allow, he points out David Bregovac, Mayor of Fužine and adds that the Tourist Board of Fužine continues to work operationally, ie that all administrative functions and obligations will continue to provide the Municipality of Fužine, until the moment and the final decision on the creation of one Tourist Board of Gorski Kotar. Branding regions must be imperative. As of today, there are 315 tourist boards or “tourist destinations” in Lijepa naša. Photo: TZ Fužine
In the article title “I am an American citizen, where in the world can I travel?”, Croatia is highlighted as the only one of the few countries in the Mediterranean currently open to Americans, who can enter the country unhindered upon presentation of a reservation about accommodation. Also, an American news portal that records over 35 million monthly visits The Daily Beast, in his article expires Croatia as Mediterranean hot spot, which is open to American citizens. “Any positive announcement coming from reputable and reliable sources like The New York Times increases the visibility of our country on the tourist map of the world. It is important that American travelers and all other guests from distant markets know that we are an open and safe destination in which tourist traffic takes place in compliance with all prescribed epidemiological measures and protocols.” said the director of the Croatian National Tourist Board, Kristjan Stanicic. A renowned American daily whose website is visited by over 400 million readers a month, The New York Times, has included Croatia on the list of open countries for American citizens, reported Ina Rodin, director of the CNTB Representation in New York.
Side dish: Decision on the necessary measure of mandatory use of face masks The mentioned Decision introduces the necessary measures that must be fulfilled by the organizers all gatherings with more than a hundred persons. Organizers who expect more than a hundred participants at the gathering are obliged to the County Center 112 (list of e – mail addresses of county centers 112) submit a notice of the meeting no later than 48 hours before the planned start of the meeting. Organizers who have registered a gathering in accordance with the Public Gathering Act are not required to submit this notice. Also, all organizers of gatherings with more than a hundred participants are required to keep written records of participants, so that in case it is established that one of the participants was infected with SARS – CoV-2 virus, it could more effectively prevent the spread of the disease. Control over the implementation of the Decision, as well as compliance with the recommendations and instructions of the Croatian Institute of Public Health, will be carried out by teams composed of civil protection inspectors and police officers. employees of health care institutions and persons who come to visit patients, if visits are alloweddrivers, other employees in public transport and passengers in public transportemployees in commercial activity i customers during a stay in storesemployees in catering business who come in contact with guests or participate in serving and preparing meals, drinks and beveragesand other persons who are obliged to do so by special instructions and recommendations of the Croatian Institute of Public Health From July 13 (Mon) is introduced obligation to necessarily use face masks or medical masks. This decision introduces a necessary measure of the obligatory use of face masks or medical masks. We emphasize that this is not a recommendation, but a mandatory measure. Yesterday, the National Civil Protection Headquarters made a decision on the “necessary measure of the obligatory use of face masks or medical masks”. HZJZ: Instructions and recommendations for gatherings Read the decision in the attachment: In accordance with the current epidemiological situation, the Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia today adopted Odecision on the necessary measures for the organization of gatherings attended by more than one hundred participants during the declared epidemic of the disease COVID-19. Face masks or medical masks are required to use: