Elderly electrocuted at Sonarpur

first_imgKolkata: An elderly person died after he got electrocuted on Saturday evening at Sonarpur in South 24-Parganas. The deceased person was identified as Bangshibadan Saha (71).According to locals, on Saturday evening, during heavy rain Saha found that the street light in front of the housing complex where he used to stay was switched off. Though it was duty of local municipality staff to turn on the switch of street light, no one came to do so due to bad weather. The area in front of Saha’s housing was also waterlogged. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaSeeing the area is in dark, Saha went downstairs and touched the switch to turn on the lights. As soon as he touched the electrical switched he got electrocuted. As he was standing on the water, he failed to take off his hand as the electricity passed through water to his body. Seeing Saha in such condition, his wife came to his rescue but she also got electric shock but she was able to step back. She screamed and some locals managed to detach Saha from the electrical switch using a wooden object. Later, electric supply in the area was turned off. Saha was rushed to Subhasgram Hospital where doctor declared him brought dead. It is suspected that during heavy rainfall, water went inside the electric lines through the switch and it led to short circuit.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *