Hekari suffered its first defeat in the tournament, going down to Team Wellington 4-0 today under chilling weather conditions at the QBE Stadium.Wellington put up a strong fight, scoring two goals in the first half and two in the second half.Hekari struggled in the first half with few opportunities.Tommy Semmy had a half chance for Hekari three minutes into the game but his volley was blocked by the Wellington defence.Wellington’s first goal came 21 minutes into the game 1-0 when Tom Jackson fired a low cross into the box that Captain Bill Robertson turned into the top corner.Wellington extended their lead 2-0 in the 37th minute when goalkeeper Ismael Pole palms a Robertson header but it goes straight back to the defender and he loops his second header into the net.The New Zealanders entered the second half even stronger, scoring the third goal 3-0 in the 55th minute.The fourth goal came in the 63rd minute through Luis Corrales to take his team to victory 4-0.Team Wellington is through to the semi-finals, which kick off on Wednesday, April 20.Meanwhile, the Lae City Dwellers will play for pride on Sunday in their last Pool A match against the Solomon Warriors at 1pm (11pm).
LONDON (AP): Thirty years after Diego Maradona’s goal of the century, West Ham winger Dimitri Payet wound back the clock with a brilliantly executed solo goal yesterday evoking memories of the Argentina great. Unlike Maradona’s 1986 World Cup strike , after charging through brittle English resistance, Payet’s mazy run through Middlesbrough’s defence came on a far less significant occasion. But the English Premier League point it secured might just have saved Slaven Bilic’s job, preventing West Ham from crashing to a fifth successive loss. Payet lit up a drab game in the 57th minute at the Olympic Stadium, with home fans restless after Cristhian Stuani’s header six minutes earlier. The France international dropped a shoulder to turn past Antonio Barragan on the left touchline, jinked around Marten de Roon, and skipped past Calum Chambers and Ben Gibson. After cutting through the defence with ease, Payet provided the perfect finish to score his first goal of the league. One that evoked memories for Payet’s manager of Argentina’s current star rather than Maradona. “It reminded me of Lionel Messi’s goals,” Bilic said. “It was a brilliant moment of magic.” But West Ham remain winless since the opening day of the season, lodged in the relegation zone with four points from seven games. Promoted Middlesbrough are two points better off. HULL 0 CHELSEA 2 After a miserable September yielded one point from three games, Chelsea started the new month in style thanks to Diego Costa’s second-half contribution. First, Costa picked out Willian, who turned Markus Henriksen and David Meyler before curling a shot into the top of the net. Then Costa curled in his own strike from a similar position. The response to last week’s 3-0 loss at Arsenal was manager Antonio Conte dropping Branislav Ivanovic and switching to a three-man defence. It produced a second clean sheet of the season. “It is very important for the confidence,” Conte said. “It was a big change in the tactical aspect but we feel we must find the right solution to be more compact. We must trust in the world we are doing and it is important to understand we must play this way.” Chelsea are sixth, while Hull are in 15th place. SWANSEA 1 LIVERPOOL 2 With Liverpool trailing at halftime to Leroy Fer’s tap-in, Juergen Klopp entered the dressing room in a rage. “I was very angry,” the Liverpool manager said. “We were not ready and it is my responsibility. It was not good. The buildup was too static, no movement. “We were never compact enough and we lost a lot of balls … the second half was better, but still not brilliant.” Crucially for Klopp there were two goals — Roberto Firmino’s header and James Milner’s penalty — which were enough to take Liverpool up to second. Swansea, though, are on a six-game winless run since making a triumphant start to the season. Francesco Guidolin’s future as manager is looking increasingly precarious, with former Manchester United assistant Ryan Giggs linked with the Italian’s job. WATFORD 2 BOURNEMOUTH 2 Watford twice fought back to ensure manager Walter Mazzarri didn’t endure a miserable 55th birthday. Both teams, though, remain in the bottom half of the standings. Callum Wilson’s downward header was cancelled out by Troy Deeney. Josh King restored Bournemouth’s lead but Isaac Success scored his first goal since joining in the summer transfer window to secure a point. SUNDERLAND 1 WEST BROM 1 David Moyes remains winless as Sunderland manager but the northeast team did capture its first point in more than a month. Patrick van Aanholt, who was forced out of the Sunderland team last month on the advice of a cardiologist, came off the bench to wipe out Nacer Chadli’s goal.
Since Ebola got to worsen in Liberia beginning July, sensitization on precaution and prevention has actively concentrated on government, organizations and institutions. This time, however, seems not to be obligation of only organizations and institutions, but community members as well.It is based on this thought that members of the Spring Field Community under the banner, “Spring Field Community United Against Ebola” have seen the need to launch community awareness initiative to get dwellers take every precautionary measure against Ebola.Mrs. Abigail T. Gbessagee-Hanky, Coordinator of the group, explained to the Daily Observer in an exclusive interview during the launching that the move is intended to buttress government’s effort in sensitizing the community to do all it can to prevent the spread of the disease.She said government and a few institutions involved in the awareness cannot reach all, and therefore they have to approach it at the community level to save people from the disease.“We hear the news about what’s unfolding, and our knowledge is that communities rise up to help Government fight the deadly Ebola. It is against this backdrop that we decided to form a community task force to buttress efforts of community leaders and government,” Mrs. Gbessagee-Hanky stressed.When sensitization on Ebola intensified, institutions and organizations sprang up in an effort to form parts of the process perhaps to secure funding either from government or international organizations, such as the World Health Organization (WHO).However, the SFCUAE coordinator noted that they have no source of funding from government or international organization, but collect dues from the group’s members to do what they need to do.She also indicated that only prominent community members contribute to the initiative by giving materials and in rare instances money.The launch of the community awareness was attended by some personalities including businessman Harry Greaves, Liberia Water & Sewer Corporation Managing Director, Charles Allen, amongst others.Mr. Greaves, who served as the chief launcher, commended the community group for the initiative and said it is necessary that people get involved because the presence of the disease has brought serious setbacks in the running of businesses across the country.For LWSC Managing Director Charles Allen, he said the Ebola epidemic should teach Liberians a lesson to think and begin to approach their environment and other activities in a different way.Mr. Allen observed that Liberians do not clean their environment, stressing further, “Governance and leadership also play serious role in the retrogressive move of the country.”Attendants were educated through power point presentation on the spread and presentation of Ebola, and children all believed to be 12 years read short written messages about the disease.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
– Advertisement –
Nairobi Stima came into the encounter seeking to become the first National Super League side to earn promotion to the Kenyan Premier League through the playoffs route while Posta Rangers, on the other hand, will be looking to prolong their three-year stay in the KPL.Rangers took the lead in the fifth minute when Atudo delivered a sumptuous free-kicks that left Jacob Osano rooted to the ground.Stima got back to the game and dominated the rest of the half as they restored parity at the depth of the first half as Dennis Oalo’s sublime free-kick rattled the back of the net to extend his lead at the top scorer’s summit to 25 goals.Stima began the second half from where they left from but they squandered a glorious chance in the 47th minute when Patrick Asiku got past Gradus Ochieng but delayed his shot which allowed Charles Odete to return and clear the ball out for a corner.Posta regained their lead 58th minute when Felix Olouch wasted a golden chance but Stima failed to clear their lines as Francis Nambute’s overhead kick found the back of the net.Stima dropped off their pace in the game after conceding the second as they failed to create open chances as they did in the first half. Posta held on for the win with the second leg slated for Wednesday 19th June at Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos.Subs: Eluid Emase, Ezekiel Nyati, Jerry Santo, Elvis Osok, Joseph Nyaga, Jared Obwoge, Ken Mutembei.-By Futaa.com- 0Shares0000(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Posta Rangers players.PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, June 15 – Veteran defender Jockins Atudo and Francis Nambute found the target to hand Posta Rangers advantage following their 2-1 over National Super League side Nairobi Stima in a Kenyan Premier League playoff first leg promotion at the Karuturi Sports Ground.A win for Posta in the return leg will guarantee the mail men a stay in the top flight league while Nairobi Stima will have no choice but to play in the second tier league.
Daniel O’Donnell has really got into the ‘swing’ of things after taking his longest break from the music business for more than 30 years.The Kincasslagh singer has been on the golf course for weeks on end in both Tenerife and Florida.And the star, 51, has even managed to infect wife Majella with the golfing bug. “We are managing to get in quite a few games of golf. Daniel reckons that if I stick with it and play more often, I could be quite good at it. I don’t know about that,” laughed wife Majella.The couple are spending the next six weeks at their Tenerife hideaway.“This is the most time that Daniel has taken off in the thirty years that he has been singing and he deserves it.“I think it’s nice to not be constantly worried about your voice or upcoming events,” she added. But Daniel’s millions of fans need not worry about him retiring just yet.“Once he starts back in August it will be busy again for about 18 months and then maybe he will have a bit more time off. I think that’s the way he would like it to be in the future,” added Majella.DANIEL GETS INTO THE ‘SWING’ OF HIS LONGEST EVER HOLIDAY! was last modified: March 9th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:daniel o’donnellFloridagolfTenerife
George Groves has told Carl Froch the champion “cannot possibly win” their world super-middleweight title rematch.Hammersmith’s Groves will try again to take Froch’s World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation belts at Wembley Stadium on 31 May.Their first meeting, in Manchester in November, ended in controversy when Groves was stopped in the ninth round.The previously unbeaten challenger floored Froch in the first round, was ahead on points and appeared to be well capable of continuing when referee Howard Foster stepped in following a flurry of shots from the Nottingham man.Groves was furious when the first fight was halted.“It was stonewall robbery the first time – everyone knows this,” said Groves.“It brings me great joy this [rematch] is happening in my home town, with my home crowd.“Know this, Carl, this is perfect for me now. There is not one thing that will be left to chance.”There has been a clamour for a rematch since their first clash, although Froch indicated he would look elsewhere before the IBF ordered him to fight Groves again or risk being stripped of the title.For Groves, that was a sign the three-times champion did not want to face him.“Carl Froch now has to fight a match he does not want to take, a fight he knows he cannot possibly win,” he declared.Froch, meanwhile, suggested he would repeat the form he showed against Lucian Bute in 2012 – one of the best wins of his career.Canadian Bute, then an unbeaten world champion, was highly fancied to win that fight but was destroyed in five rounds.“I’ve missed the gym and missed boxing – that’s bad news for George Groves because I’m looking forward to getting back and doing the business,” said Froch.“The last time I felt this confident and focused was the build-up for the Lucian Bute fight and we all know what happened then.”See also:Heartbreak for Groves in world title clashFroch insists ref was right to stop fightPromoter predicts Froch-Groves rematchGroves: I’ll bounce back and be championGroves’ trainer reveals he had reservations about fight refereeGutted Groves says he proved he belongs at the top levelFroch claims Groves rejected rematch offerFroch ordered to face Groves in rematchGroves to face Froch in rematch on 31 MayFroch-Groves rematch will be at WembleyFroch ‘mentally more switched on’ for rematch, says HearnFroch sees rematch with Groves as the biggest fight of his careerGroves’ trainer Fitzpatrick convinced Froch wanted to avoid rematchGroves predicts ‘changing of the guard’ in rematch with FrochDeGale eyes world title after joining HearnGroves: My left hook will finish FrochFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Video from the clubhouse and postgame press conferences after the Dodgers won NLCS Game 4 over the Milwaukee Brewers, 2-1, in 13 innings. Game story | box score | photos
On Jan. 1, 2007, Nova Scotia anglers can head to selected lakes and streams across the province to enjoy winter fishing. “In addition to being a healthy outdoor activity, winter fishing offers some excellent opportunities for both experienced and beginner anglers,” said Ron Chisholm, Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture. “For those who love the outdoors, fishing is an ideal winter sport.” With interest growing in the winter sport fishery, the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture will open limited winter seasons for stocked rainbow trout, chain pickerel and white and yellow perch. “Winter angling offers a unique outdoor experience, but we want to ensure everyone enjoys it safely,” said Mr. Chisholm. “I encourage all anglers to use caution during the winter fishery, whether they are fishing from shore, in boats or through the ice.” Anglers need a 2006 general fishing licence, which can be purchased at Department of Natural Resources offices. They are valid until March 31, 2007. The Bras d’Or Lakes are open for winter angling of rainbow trout from Jan. 1 to March 31, with a bag limit of two fish per day. Five areas of the Bras d’Or Lakes are closed to all angling to protect brook trout and Atlantic salmon. They include the areas above the Baddeck River Bridge on Highway 105 (including Cains Pond); inside the East Bay sandbar; above Crowdis Bridge in River Denys Basin; above Black River Bridge in Dundee; and above Mackenzie Brook bridge near the south side of River Denys. Several other lakes will reopen this winter for rainbow trout fishing: Cameron and Gillis lakes, Antigonish County; Angevine Lake, Cumberland County; Albro Lake, Halifax Regional Municipality; Gairloch Lake, Pictou County; Goose Harbour Lake, Guysborough County; Sucker Lake, Lunenburg County; Levers Lake and No. 20 Dam, Cape Breton County; Hidden Hills Lake, Queens County and Everitts Lake, Digby County. The season on these lakes runs from Jan. 1 to March 31 with a bag limit two fish per day. In addition, Meadow Pond, Hants County and Silver and Sunken lakes, Kings County, will be open for rainbow trout from Jan. 1 to Feb. 28. The bag limit is two fish per day. Anglers who enjoy fishing chain pickerel can do so in Digby County on the Meteghan River, including all lakes and tributaries and on the Annis River and Kiack Brook (near Belleville South) in Yarmouth County, including all lakes and tributaries. Other lakes open for chain pickerel this winter include Louis Lake, Queens County; Walls Lake, The Ponds in Port LaTour and Bakers Flats on Cape Sable Island, Shelburne County; Morris, Russell, Fish and Kinsac lakes in Halifax Regional Municipality; Lily Lake (Cogamun Pond), Hants County; Shortts Lake, Colchester County; and Black Lake and West Branch Lake, Pictou County. The season runs from Jan. 1 to March 31 with a bag limit of 25 fish per day. Angling for white and yellow perch is permitted from Jan. 1 to March 31 on Springfield Lake, Annapolis County; Angevine (Dewars Lake), Cumberland County; Cameron and Gillis lakes, Antigonish County; Meteghan River, including all lakes and tributaries, Yarmouth County; Albro Lake, Halifax Regional Municipality; Shortts Lake, Colchester County; and Woodward Sanford Lake, Hants County. The bag limit for each species is 25 fish per day.
SAANICH, B.C. – Aggressive deer are being blamed for two separate attacks on dogs and their owners in Saanich, B.C.Police say both incidents happened Sunday near wooded areas close to the University of Victoria.Romeo Strasbourg said he was walking his dog when a doe attacked and would not be deterred by shouts or arm waving.The animal tracked him for blocks and even tried to follow him onto the porch of a house before being scared off, he added.Staff Sgt. Chris Horsley said a deer also charged into the yard of a home and repeatedly attacked the family dog before the homeowner grabbed a baseball bat and forced the deer to retreat“Deer can be very protective, especially the does, because they have just had fawns and they go into a very protective mode,” he said.No people were injured in the confrontations, said Horsley, adding that anyone with dogs should be extremely cautious around deer at this time of year. (CFAX)