LeBron James scores 31 points, Lakers beat Rockets View comments OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend Cruz, Standhardinger apologize to team; Chot says incident ‘no big deal’ Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:40Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite McGregor blasts Cerrone in 40 seconds in UFC return MOST READ However, Qiaodan, pronounced “chee-ow dahn”—which is Jordan’s name in Chinese—is now countersuing the retired basketball legend for infringement of reputation.According to China News Service, the company is demanding 1.1 million yuan (almost P7.5 million) in compensation for the supposed “malicious slander” brought upon by Jordan’s case.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Jordan was adamant that the products were fooling Chinese customers thinking he was affiliated with the brand. Qiaodan argues that such accusations brought down the company’s reputation and social devaluation.The company’s lawyer, Chen Ruojian, said the settlement money is merely a temporary symbolic amount and the company is open to other means of compensation. ‘I’m out!’: PewDiePie releases last video before taking break from YouTube Indian national gunned down in Camarines Sur LATEST STORIES “We may change amount depending on our assessment of the letter’s impact,” he said. “Qiaodan Sports has had to undertake much effort to maintain its business relationship with its partners after Jordan and his lawyers made this attack.”As of this writing, Jordan and his legal representatives have yet to respond to the lawsuit. Khristian Ibarrola /ra 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Kawhi Leonard, Clippers rally to beat Pelicans Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Former NBA star Michael Jordan. AP FILE PHOTOLooks like Michael Jordan’s woes against Chinese brand Qiaodan Sports is far from over.The NBA icon won his trademark lawsuit case against the China-based sporting goods brand last year, for using his name and Jordan brand trademark number in their products.ADVERTISEMENT
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SAN FRANCISCO – Gap Inc. is closing the Forth & Towne chain that was supposed to help the struggling retailer sell more clothes to older women, aborting the 18-month expansion so management can concentrate on reviving the company’s more established brands. The decision affects all 19 Forth & Towne stores, including one in the Westfield Topanga mall in Canoga Park, officials announced Monday. The store closures are expected to be completed by the end of June, jettisoning about 550 jobs and costing about $40 million. Signaling that some layoffs are likely, Gap is budgeting $7 million to cover severance payments and other benefits for former Forth & Towne workers, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Gap hoped to develop Forth & Towne into a specialty channel catering to women older than 35 who grew up in Gap jeans but found themselves sized out of the market in middle age. When it launched Forth & Towne, Gap estimated it only held a 3 percent share of the over-35 female market compared with an 8 percent share of women shoppers under 35. Gap had hoped to woo boomers – who are at the peak of their earnings and spending power – back with a store that combined the service of a boutique, the broad offerings of a department store – and a more forgiving fit.
These incredible images of the AURORA was taken by the talented photographer Mary Rodgers from Burtonport.The AURORA better known as the ‘Northern Lights ‘ were very active right across Donegal last night.Mary told Donegal Daily, “It’s unusual for us here in Donegal to have a show so bright and to last for hours. “The weather conditions were very good here, as other parts of the country were experiencing cloud.“I went to Keadue first about 8pm, and I was delighted with the great colours in the sky.“Next we headed off to Bád Eddie in Gweedore for a couple of hours where the Aurora ‘storm’ peaked about 11pm.“It was an experience of a lifetime. Thanks to Mary for the incredible images.Local scientist Marianne Forker told Donegal Daily, “Due to the recent explosion of solar storms there is an increased chance of seeing more Northern Lights in the coming days.“I’m normally based in Dublin, so being home for St Patrick’s Day and being able to witness the Northern Lights was truly breath-taking.WOW! INCREDIBLE IMAGES OF NORTHERN LIGHTS OVER DONEGAL – PIC SPECIAL was last modified: March 18th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:AuroraFeaturesnewsnorthern lightspicture special
Jason with wife Sharon and family after he touched down at Dublin airport today.Jason Black may not have reached the top of K2 but he has reached his own personal summit – to return safely to his family.The Donegal mountaineer returned to Ireland today and was met by his loving wife Sharon and family.Jason said “I’ve kept my promise – I’ve reached my true summit. It’s now family time .. Huge thank you to everyone for the incredible words of kindness.” Jason was forced to abandon his goal to conquer the huge mountain after all his gear was lost following an avalanche at Camp 4.He has been inundated with good wishes from people across Donegal following his brave attempt.And he has not ruled out going back to give K2 another go.He left a message on social media this saying he was looking forward to seeing the lights of Letetrkenny and a Chinese meal from Tin Tai! Welcome home Jason.JASON REACHES THE SUMMIT AS HE ARRIVES HOME SAFELY TO HIS FAMILY was last modified: August 6th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalfamilyJason BlackK2Return
Kevin McHugh will lead Finn Harps out in their season opener against Shelbourne.Finn Harps have been handed a difficult fixture in the opening match of the season as the fixtures for the Airtricity First Division campaign was officially announced.Ollie Horgan will take his side to Tolka Park on Friday March 6th.They then welcome newcomers Cabinteely FC to Finn Park in their first home game of the season. They then face a trip south to take on Waterford United before entertaining Cobh Ramblers at home.Then they travel to Dublin to play UCD, before hosting Athlone Town at Finn Park.Harps will finish off the first series of games away to Wexford Youths.Harps have strengthened their squad by capturing Raymond Foy, Marc Brolly and Garbhan Friel. All three will feature for Harps in their pre-season friendly match with Cork City in Roscommon on Saturday morning.One player who won’t be available is Gareth Harkin, the influential midfielder misses out after sustaining a nasty elbow injury.Packie Mailey is still recovering following a knee operation in December. FINN HARPS FACE AWAY TRIP TO TOLKA PARK IN LEAGUE OPENER was last modified: January 30th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:finn harpsfixturesnewssoccerSport
CAMP ARIFJAN, Kuwait – A U.S. soldier could face the death penalty after an Army probe recommended Tuesday he be court-martialed in the Iraq war’s first case of alleged “fragging.” Staff Sgt. Alberto B. Martinez of Troy, N.Y., had a “personal vendetta” against one of two higher-ranked officers who died in an explosion June 7 on a U.S. base near Tikrit, north of Baghdad, military investigator Col. Patrick Reinert said at the end of a two-day hearing in Kuwait. Reinert said he found “reasonable cause” to believe that Martinez, 37, planted and detonated an anti-personnel mine in the window of a room used by Capt. Philip Esposito, 30, of Suffern, N.Y., and Lt. Louis E. Allen, 34 of Milford, Pa., in a former palace of Saddam Hussein’s. Three hand grenades were also allegedly used in the attack that killed the officers. Capt. Carl Prober, one of nine witnesses who testified in the investigative hearing Monday, said Martinez told him twice that he hated Esposito and was going to “frag” him. “Frag” is a Vietnam War term for soldiers killing their superiors, the term deriving from the fragmentation grenades that were often used in such attacks. Allen, who was in Esposito’s room at the time of the explosion, was apparently in the wrong place at the wrong time. Esposito used his room at the building known as the Winter Palace as living quarters and office. Reinert recommended that Martinez also be charged with larceny after alleging that the supply officer had illegally obtained the mine and grenades from military stocks. Martinez’s lawyer argued there was no real evidence to tie him to the attack. Surgeon Col. Joan Sullivan, who tried to save the two officers’ lives, told the hearing that the men’s injuries were not consistent with wounds caused by a mortar or rocket. Martinez joined the New York Army National Guard in December 1990. He was deployed to Iraq sometime after October 2004 with the 42nd Infantry. The Tikrit case is the second during the Iraq war in which a U.S. soldier has been charged with killing his comrades, but it is believed to be the first of an American soldier in Iraq accused of killing his superiors. In April, a sergeant in the Army’s 101st Airborne Division, Hasan Akbar, was convicted of murder and attempted murder for a grenade and rifle attack that killed two officers and wounded 14 soldiers in Kuwait in 2003 during the opening days of the war in Iraq. Akbar, 34, a Muslim, told investigators he carried out the attack because he was upset that American troops would kill fellow Muslims. He was sentenced to death. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Reinert recommended that Martinez face a court-martial hearing and said he found aggravating factors that could allow for capital punishment if the case goes to a military tribunal. Lt. Gen. John Vines, the commander of the Multi-National Force Iraq, will decide whether there will be a court-martial and where it would be held. Vines’ decision is not expected for several weeks, according to a military legal expert who watched the investigative hearing on a closed-circuit television with reporters on this U.S. military base. Esposito and Allen were initially thought to have died as result of “indirect fire” on the base, but according to the testimony of Senior Master Sgt. Kevin Fitzgerald, an expert on explosives, fragments of a Claymore mine and parts of three grenades were found in the crime scene. No clear motive was discussed in the hearing, but legal expert Maj. Matthew Ruzicka said Esposito had relieved Martinez of his supply duties and he was afraid that the measure would affect his civilian job back home.
Cloud Hosting for WordPress: Why Everyone is Mo… Tags:#Cloud Providers#Google#google drive Google’s cloud-storage service, Google Drive, went down early Monday morning, and returned about two hours later.Officially, Google Drive went down as of 7:17 AM Pacific time, according to Google’s status page. At 9:35 AM PT, Google said it had been resolved. During the outage, however, the other services within the Google Apps cloud – including Gmail, Calendar, Google Talk, and Google Documents remained online. markhachman Serverless Backups: Viable Data Protection for … Related Posts So far, Google hasn’t provided an explanation, but has acknowledged the problem. “We’re aware of a problem with Google Drive affecting a significant subset of users,” Google posted at 8:10 AM PT. “The affected users are unable to access Google Drive. We will provide an update by 3/18/13 9:10 AM detailing when we expect to resolve the problem. Please note that this resolution time is an estimate and may change.”Update 9:19 AM PT: Google looks like it’s on its way to fixing the problem. “Google Drive service has already been restored for some users, and we expect a resolution for all users within the next 1 hours., it added at 8:55 AM. “Please note this time frame is an estimate and may change.”Update 9:49 AM PT: “The problem with Google Drive should be resolved,” Google said. “We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.”What this meant for users is that if you wanted to create a new document or spreadsheet, you can – you must simply save it to your own computer for offline editing. Unfortunately, that requires a user to have previously enabled offline editing.Google-formatted documents couldn’t be saved to Google Drive, and if you have a document saved on Drive that you or others wish to edit, you’re out of luck. Naturally, other files stored on Drive weren’t accessible. However, photos backed up automatically with Google’s Google+ service were accessible. It’s just part of the complex interdependencies within Google’s cloud services, and what happens when one service goes down while the others stay alive.Clouds FailAlthough we often talk about the cloud in idealized terms, the fact is that cloud services do fail, and when they do, they often fail in a very high-profile manner. The world’s largest cloud service, Facebook, stumbled in early January, and last week, Microsoft suffered an outage to Hotmail.com and its complementary Outlook.com service, which last week it blamed on an overheating datacenter. In 2011, RIM’s BlackBerry email service was down for days, and outages at Amazon’s cloud services have taken down customers including Netflix and others. (Of course, it’s also true that in-house services also fail, they just tend to make fewer headlines.)Now that Google solves the problem and restores service for its users, we’ll be forced to wait until Google discovers the root cause of the outage, and hopefully, publishes it. But the outage is yet another reminder that no one service is bulletproof, even for a company with the scale and knowledge of Google.Image courtesy of Shutterstock. How Intelligent Data Addresses the Chasm in Cloud Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting
In a scathing report submitted to the apex court, the Supreme Court appointed Lodha panel told the apex court that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is stalling all attempts to reform and is resisting any move for change. The special panel appointed by the Supreme Court has further sought the ouster of the entire top brass. It has further recommended that an interim panel be appointed meanwhile to facillitate the reform process. The panel through its report has communicated to the court that BCCI has been in complete disregard for Supreme Court directions and the committee’s recommendations. The report points out that the reform moves pertaining to accounting, choice of selectors have been ignored by the BCCI. The cricket body is likely to conduct an AGM to consider changing the rules however, the Lodha Panel recommendations are binding on the BCCI. (Complete Lodha Panel recommendations)A review petition filed by the BCCI is still pending at the apex court. The Supreme Court will take up the Lodha Panel report on hearing on October 6. A clearly miffed Chief Justice of India observed that the BCCI cannot think that it is a law unto itself. “BCCI thinks itself a law unto itself, it seems will go to the extent of defying SC orders. We have no difficulty in passing orders to enforce orders. Don’t appreciate such tactics by the BCCI its conduct is in poor taste,” said a bench headed by CJI TS Thakur. The court also added that it has been anticipating such disregard by the BCCI and will ensure compliance. The Supreme Court in a landmark judgment had declared BCCI as a public body discharging public functions. The court had further said that it must be open to the scrutiny of the CAG. The special panel appointed by the Supreme Court under the Chairmanship of Former CJI RM Lodha has recommended a slew of measures including barring of people holding public offices as being the BCCI office bearers. BCCI is yet to implement these reforms and has filed a review petition before the Supreme Court.advertisementHere are some key observations made by the Supreme Court:- BCCI thinks itself a law unto itself.- BCCI it seems will go to the extent of defying SC orders.- We have no difficulty in passing orders to enforce orders.- Don’t appreciate such tactics by the BCCI.- Conduct of BCCI in poor taste.- Had been anticipating such disregard being shown by the BCCI.
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Brighton teen Haydon Roberts stunned by goalscoring debutby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveBrighton teen Haydon Roberts is still floating after scoring on debut in midweek.The defender, 17, headed home from a second half corner in their Carabao Cup defeat to Aston Villa.He told brightonandhovealbion.com, “I didn’t think it was real, it’s what you dream of when you’re growing up. “To do it for my hometown club as well was just amazing and makes it even better, although we didn’t go through it’s a night I’ll never forget.“I didn’t get much sleep, I wanted to spend the time afterwards with my family – there were so many messages and I wanted to share it with them.“I still can’t really get over it now, scoring on your debut with man of the match as well is fantastic.”